First grade math test
Print your first grade math test before you start working on this test.
Name _____________________ Date:_____________________
Solve the following problems
1. Which number comes next?
14, 15, 16, 17, ____
A. 19 B. 20 C. 18 D. 12
2. One dime is equal to how many cents________
A. 15 cents B. 10 cents C. 12 cents D. 25 cents
3.Look at the clock below. What time is it?___________________
4. Luke had 12 pencils, but gave away 5 to his best friends. How many pencils does Luke have now? _________
5. Fill in the missing two numbers?
34, 36,____, 40, ____
6. How many cents are there in one quarter. How many nickels?
A. 20 cents and 5 nickels B. 25 cents and 4 nickels C. 25 cents and 5 nickels D. 20 cents and 4 nickels
7. John gave 4 slices of pizza to his friend Anna and ate 5. How many slices did the pizza have? ________________
8. Look at the figure below. Which rectangle goes on top of 40?
A. B. C. D.
9. Perform the following subtraction:
10. Tell if the number on the left is less or greater than the number on the right. Replace the question mark ( ? ) with < or >
4 ? 211. Color half (1/2) of the shapes on the left and one quarter or one fourth of the shapes on the right:
5 ? 7
Color the triangle with red, rectangles with yellow, the circle with orange, and other figures with a color of your choice
12. For the number 56, what digit is in the
tens place? ________ ones place?___________
13. Perform the following additions and subtractions
14. What time is it?
15. Write the following numbers in words
2 ___________ 7 ___________ 14 _________________ 24 ____________________
16. What is the geometric name for a figure that looks like
a ball?______________ a soda can?_______________
A famous figure that is found in Egypt?_________________ something that you put your ice cream on top? _________________
17. Fill in the blank for the missing numbers
75, 70, ______________ 60, 55, ____________
18. What is the measure of the length shown in red below?
19. How many dimes are there in fifty cents? ____________________
20. Math Puzzles: Who am I?
6 + 6 is less than I am. 6 + 8 is greater than I am.
I am an odd number and if you subtract 10 from me, you get a number greater than 7
Note: A score of 16 or more on this first grade math test is a good indication that most skills taught in first grade were mastered
Want a solution to this test? Add to your shopping cart and purchase a Detailed 7 PAGES SOLUTION and TOP-NOTCH EXPLANATIONS with PayPal.
To print this first grade math test, Click here
Want more worksheets? Check Basic mathematics worksheets
Are you a fan of this site? Support us Our awards! Our partners About me Disclaimer Build your website! Advertise on my site
Try our free toolbar Like us on Facebook Take our survey Illustrated fractions Educational math software Math jobs Best Teacher Sites Now Teachers/Students tools Search math jobs Algebra ebook Fraction ebook Geometric formulas ebook