Third grade math test
Print your third grade math test before you start
Name _____________________ Date:_____________________
Solve the following problems
1. Which two numbers comes next?
10055 , 10105 , 10155 , _____ , ____
2. John wants a carpenter to build him a custom bookcase. He wants each shelf to hold 10 books. How many shelves does he need if he has 123 books?
A. 12 B. 14 C. 13 D. 15
3. Look at the base-10 blocks below and tell which number it represents. Take a close look before answering!
A. 236 B. 228 C. 136 D. 128
4. What number is the same as two hundred fourty five
A. 245 B. 255 C. 542 D. 452
5. Fill in the missing two numbers?
941, 952,____,974 , ____
6. Which number is greater than 865 but less than 941?
A. 789 B. 941 C. 899 D. 945
7. Which numerical expresion matches the picture?________________
A. 4 + 3 B. 12 - 4 C. 4 × 3 D. 2 × 3
8. How many blocks of 10 can you make with 240?
A.40 B. 42 C. 24 D. 100
9. Tell if the number on the left is less or greater than the number on the right. Replace the question mark ( ? ) with < or >
899 ? 90110. Which number is made up of 4 hundreds 8 tens and 4 ones
1425 ? 1424
A. 4084 B. 484 C. 448 D. 844
11. Find 2 multiplication problems that are the same as 8 + 8
12. Perform the following additions and subtractions
54678 + 45624 = ?
98765 - 97653 = ?
What is the name of a geometric figure that looks like an orange _____________
Which of the following shape could you probably use to describe the shape of your fingers?
A.Cube B. Sphere C. Cylinder D. Cone
Which of the following shape could you probably use to describe the shape of the doors in your house?
A.Cube B. Sphere C. Cylinder D. rectangular prism
14. Find 2 multiplication problems that are the same as 36 + 36
15. Write the following numbers in words
16. Which two circles show two-sixths (2/6) and five-sixths (5/6) of the circles shaded?
Choice #1: A and B Choice #2: B and D Choice #3: A and D Choice #4: C and D
17. Make a rectangle. Break the rectangle into 8 equal pieces. Then, shade six-eighths of the rectangle.
18. You go to a store with 3.20 dollars in your pocket. The menu is:
Side of chicken wings.......$2.50
Which two items can you buy with your 3.20 dollars?
A. Hamburger and Pizza slice B. Side of chicken wings and sprite C. Pizza slice and fruit juice D. Hamburger and sprite
If you buy just a fruit salad, what is your change?_______________
19. Which math problem means the same thing as (10 + 5) + 7? ______________
A. 14 + 7 B. 15 + 6 C. 15 × 7 D. 10 + ( 12 )
20. Problem solving skills.No calculator. No exception! In fact, no calculator should be used at all to solve this third grade math test
You 552 dollars in your pocket. You want to buy 6 scientific calculators costing each 78 dollars.
How much will the 6 calculators cost?_________
After you pay for the calculators, how much money are you left with?_________
You want to share the leftover money evenly between you and two friends. How much money each person will get.____________
Note: A score of 16 or more on this third grade math test is a good indication that most skills taught in third grade were mastered
Want a solution to this test? Add to your shopping cart and purchase a Detailed 9 PAGES SOLUTION and TOP-NOTCH EXPLANATIONS with PayPal.
To print this third grade math test, Click here
Want more worksheets? Check Basic mathematics worksheets
[?] Subscribe To
|Are you a fan of this site? Support us |Our awards! |Our partners |About me |Disclaimer |Build your website! |Advertise on my site |Try our free toolbar |Like us on Facebook |Take our survey|