Here, you can explore some advanced algebra lessons. These topics or lessons are usually covered in algebra 2 and include, among others, matrices, exponential and logarithmic functions, and some algebra proofs.
A more comprehensive list is shown below. Do not forget to check the section about 100 tough algebra word problems.
More interesting and challenging advanced algebra topics!
Topics covered in advanced algebra or algebra 2
The different branches of algebra are beginning algebra, advanced algebra, linear algebra, abstract algebra, and commutative algebra.
The goal of these advanced algebra lessons is to help you become very familiar with high school algebra taught in 11th grade or sometimes in 12th grade. We will teach you most of the following topics:
- Graphing in three dimensions
- Learn to add, subtract, and multiply matrices
- Learn to graph quadratic equations
- Write and graph polynomials functions
- Solve polynomial equations
- Use important theorems about the number of solutions to polynomial equations
- Define, write, and evaluate exponential functions
- Define exponential growth and decay
- Modeling and graphing exponential growth and decay
- Define, write, and evaluate logarithms
- Solve exponential and logarithmic functions
- Learn how to prove things by induction
- Learn how to prove the Pythagorean theorem
- Learn how to prove the quadratic formula
- Learn to add, multiply, and graph complex numbers
- Use complex numbers to solve quadratic equations.