Below are some examples of measurement benchmarks used in elementary schools often. These benchmarks can help students estimate measurements.
Examples of estimating with customary units
- The box of cereal weighs about 1 pound
- The length of a book is about 1 foot
- A large fish bowl holds about 1 gallon of water
- A slice of bread weighs about 1 ounce
The chart below show benchmarks for customary units of measurement
The chart below show benchmarks for metric units of measurement
Other examples of estimating with metric units
- The length of a bed is about 2 meters
- The length of a smart phone is about 12 centimeters
- A house front door weighs about 20 kg
- A bathtub can hold about 400 liters of water
Mar 29, 23 10:19 AM
Learn to calculate the conditional probability using a contingency table. This contingency table can help you understand quickly and painlessly.
Mar 15, 23 07:45 AM
To learn about rational numbers, write their decimal expansion, and recognize rational numbers that are repeating decimals and terminating decimals.