Below are some examples of measurement benchmarks used in elementary schools often. These benchmarks can help students estimate measurements.
The chart below show benchmarks for customary units of measurement
Other examples of estimating with customary units
- The box of cereal weighs about 1 pound
- The length of a book is about 1 foot
- A large fish bowl holds about 1 gallon of water
- A slice of bread weighs about 1 ounce
The chart below show benchmarks for metric units of measurement
Other examples of estimating with metric units
- The length of a bed is about 2 meters
- The length of a smart phone is about 12 centimeters
- A house front door weighs about 20 kg
- A bathtub can hold about 400 liters of water
Jul 03, 20 09:51 AM
factoring trinomials (ax^2 + bx + c ) when a is equal to 1 is the goal of this lesson.
New math lessons
Your email is safe with us. We will only use it to inform you about new math lessons.