This subtraction calculator is very simple to use and it will help you find the difference between two numbers.
Instructions or things to keep in mind as you use the subtraction calculator
- Just enter your first number in the first box on top. This number is the minuend in a subtraction problem. This is also the upper number if you are doing vertical subtraction or the number on the left if you are doing horizontal subtraction.
- Just enter your second number in the second box in the middle. This number is the subtrahend in a subtraction problem. This is also the lower number if you are doing vertical subtraction or the number on the right if you are doing horizontal subtraction.
- Then click on the button that says calculate.
Suppose you want to subtract 45826 from 57472.
Then, the subtraction problem is 57472 - 45826.
57472 is the minuend, so enter this number in the box on top.
45826 is the subtrahend, so enter this number in the box in the middle.
After you hit the "Calculate" button, the calculator will display 11646
Notice that If you enter a number less than 0, the calculator will prompt you to enter a valid number. It is because the calculator was made for subtraction of whole numbers, integers, decimal numbers, and real numbers as long as they are positive numbers.
Therefore, do not enter negative numbers or number less than 0!
- If the calculator says to enter a valid number, it will clear the box that contains a value less than 0.
- "Enter a valid number" may also mean that you have entered only 1 number.
- If the top number is less than the bottom number, keep in mind that your answer will have a negative sign in it.
Concerning the last bullet point about the top number being less than the bottom number, suppose you want to subtract 57472 from 45826.
Then, the subtraction problem is 45826 - 57472.
45826 is the minuend, so enter this number in the box on top.
57472 is the subtrahend, so enter this number in the box in the middle.
After you hit the "Calculate" button, the calculator will display -11646
Enjoy the calculator!
Sep 17, 23 09:46 AM
There are many ways to find the factors of 20. A simple way is to...
Jun 09, 23 12:04 PM
The SAT Math section is known for being difficult. But it doesn’t have to be. Learn how to be prepared and complete the section with confidence here.