Why math is important
Why math is important in life? We could answer this question by quoting Galileo, a great mathematician in the 17th century. He said that the universe is written in the language of mathematics.
Indeed, math is all around us, especially in this day and age. However, you may need some specific reasons why math is important and why you should bother learning it. First, see the top 10 reasons below. Then, keep reading to see my top 5 reasons why math is important.
Top 10 reasons why math is important
- Without math, you could not build a house.
- Ever wondered how insurance companies are able to pay billions and billions of dollars to insurers and still stay in business? Math is the genius behind all that and this is the job of actuaries.
- Strong Knowledge of math can help you become a good lawyer. This one may not be obvious, but lawyers make use of logical analysis often. Since math helps you to think logically, you may find it easier to solve cases related to crimes.
- Math is the cornerstone of everything. In other words, you will need math for every single profession on this planet.
- Math can help you measure ingredients in a recipe and make a delicious meal.
- Math helps the nurse give you the proper dosage of medication and not kill you.
- Without math, economists would not be able to analyze the economy of a country in order to see if it is solid or weak.
- Even if you would like to become an actor, you will need math.
- Without a good knowledge of math, you will not know how to manage your money. You could inherit 10 millions dollars and lose it all after a few years because you did not know how to manage that money.
My top 5 reasons why math is important
- I am sure if one day humanity succeed in creating a spaceship that could travel across the universe at warp speed, it will be because of math.
- You can find many great jobs if you are good at math or have a math major. Many companies will hire you in a heart beat if they know you are good at math or have a math major.
- Without a solid knowledge of math, men would have never succeeded in taking a rocket all the way to the moon and back to the earth.
- Math can help you become a logical thinker and as a result you become smarter.
- Without math, it would not be possible to put together a car, a computer, or a smart phone.
Hopefully, the examples above were enough to convince you why math is important and why you need to stick to it and try to learn it even if at times some concepts can be difficult to understand.
Jul 03, 20 09:51 AM
factoring trinomials (ax^2 + bx + c ) when a is equal to 1 is the goal of this lesson.
New math lessons
Your email is safe with us. We will only use it to inform you about new math lessons.