Scroll down in order to see how you can print this writing equations worksheet. Then, practice writing equations when a sentence is given.
Translate the sentences below into equations
1. Five more than a number is three.
2. Six less than a number is negative two.
3. The sum of a number and four is ten less than twelve.
4. Twice a number is twenty.
5. A number divided by three is three.
6. The product of a number and ten is equal to ninety.
7. A number subtracted from three is the same as twice the number.
8. Half a number gives fifty.
9. Two more than twice a number is six.
10. Four less than four times a number equals fourteen.
11. The quotient of a number and 6 is 36.
12. Three-fourths a number minus one is equal to sixteen.
13. N less than 8 is eighty-five.
14. Five multiplied by a number minus 6 is the same as the number plus twenty.
15. Six times the sum of a number and two is seven less than the number.
16. Five times the difference of a number and three is thirty.
17. The sum of three consecutive number yields 33.
18. Two-thirds a number plus ten is one-third the number minus 4.
19. When nine is subtracted from three times the opposite of a number and six, the answer is 30.
20. Four less than twice the sum of a number and 10 is two more than difference of the number and eight.
20 subtracted from the product of a number and negative six is 10.
The product of a number and negative six can be written as x × -6 = -6x.
Then we need to subtract 20 from -6x. This can be written as -6x - 20.
Finally, we need to set -6x - 20 equal to 10.
The equation is -6x - 20 = 10
The sum of one-fourth a number and five is twelve.
One-fourth of a number can be written as (1/4)x or x/4.
Then, we need to add x/4 to five and this can be written as x/4 + 5
Finally, we need to set x/4 + 5 equal to 12.
The equation is x/4 + 5 = 12.